Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Why I'm Writing

Why I'm Writing

I have wondered about memory and memories since I was a kid. What if I want to remember not knowing how to talk, or how I learned how to ride a bike to teach my child some day, or what happened in our United States history? I think that the best thing you can research is something you've been wanting an answer to for a long time. I also thing that it will be beneficial to me to learn more about how our brain works, since it's such a complex thing, and it's a topic with endless information and exploring. Some of the questions I would like to answer are:
  • Why is it that I store some memories, but not others?
  • Why do I only remember some dreams?
  • In what part of the brain are memories stored?
  • How does storing memories work?
  • Are there ways I can recover my memories or dreams?
  • Is there any way that I can improve my memory?

2 comments:

  1. I can answer the last question briefly: you bet. This semester I've been practicing techniques I got from a book and they do work. Check it out:

    http://www.ted.com/talks/joshua_foer_feats_of_memory_anyone_can_do.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I'm taking Psychology this semester, and the chapter we just finished had a whole section about why we have dreams and why we only remember some of them.
    Score!

    ReplyDelete