Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Isearch Background -REVISED

Ever since I was old enough to think logically, I have wondered why I can't remember everything. I have random memories about times from my childhood, like that time when my baby brother stole my favorite baby doll and started chewing and drooling all over her head. I started freaking out and crying, but my dad held him and laughed at me, and told me it was just a doll and he wouldn't ruin it.
I can remember everything and anything about proper grammar and proper English (even if I don't always use it...), but after taking a year of AP U.S. History, I couldn't tell you what year Paul Revere took his ride, or what Teddy's Big Stick Policy was, or what happened in the Bay of Pigs Invasion.
I can remember a dream I had a few years ago, about my brother trying to kill me because I had a cold, but I can't remember what I dreamed about last night.
I need to know, why can't I remember most of my life? Was spending all that time in school and working so hard a waste of time if I can't remember any of it? 

2 comments:

  1. Take a look at your graf 7--there is material there that deserves a look in the background. You've talking about two linked but separate things: memory and memories.

    You are only dealing with memories so far. You can certainly research why so few childhood incidents are recalled later in life.

    But if you are going to explore both, you would need to talk here about your school experiences: study, tests, short and longterm retention of lessons. You'd need to detail past experience with other kinds of forgetfulness--other than forgetting childhood incidents.

    Is this making sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a hard time with this part!

    ReplyDelete