Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Graf #9

When I was a little girl, I had a giant, pink net that went across my ceiling that was filled with hundreds of stuffed animals. Nothing was more exciting to me than getting a new stuffed animal. All different varieties of stuffed animals, from the teddy bear I would get every Christmas with the current year sewn onto its left foot, to Cabbage Patch Kids. I remember I had stuffed dogs, dolls that talked, characters from shows like The Big Comfy Couch, Care Bears, Barney, Pokemon, etc.

But my favorite stuffed animal of all time was my Bugs Bunny. Bugs was my very first stuffed animal, given to me by my dad when I was born. He stands about a foot tall, holds a bright orange carrot in his left hand, and wears a big grin that shows off his dominant buck teeth.

Bugs always lived on a shelf in my bedroom. Unlike the other hundreds of stuffed animals I had, he sat on a mini, wooden rocking chair on that shelf, mocking all the others trapped in the net above.

Settled in my very first apartment, living on my own now, Bugs Bunny still sits and protects me on that mini, wooden rocking chair on my bureau. He's in perfect condition, other than a small chocolate milk stain here or there, and is the only stuffed animal I have left from my giant collection.

1 comment:

  1. "other than a small chocolate milk stain here or there, "

    :)

    Graceful way to deal with a lot of material. The chocolate milk stands in for a lot of things and is clever writing.

    ReplyDelete