Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Graf #12

Place- The Haunted House of Graham Lake


     Quiet.
     Opposed to the lush, green leaves rustling together in the hot, humid, summer breeze, and the distant sound of the lake water making friends with the gravel shore, and the unsure breathing of my friend next to me, there are no sounds to be heard. Before us stands something of horror movies; we're in the scene of the movie where everyone watching shouts "Turn around, stupid!" But I can't move. Curiosity floods over me as if it's a white sheet mimicking the ones covering furniture through the windows. The cabin has to be at least a hundred years old; the boards are rotted beyond repair, half of the windows are repaired with plastic, the other half left broken with glass debris still present. The roof is so droopy I wouldn't be surprised if it were to cave in right before our eyes, trash speckles the overgrown lawn, and most importantly, someone left the door wide open. My heart sinks deep, deep down into my belly, as I declare: "What are we waiting for? Let's go inside."

1 comment:

  1. Nice close! That made me smile after all the detailed build-up.

    ReplyDelete