Monday, September 3, 2012

Isearch Worksheet

What do you want to write about? How children's brains work.

What do you want to find out aboit your topic?
Development and how they work.

What are your questions about the topic?
1. Why are children able to learn so quickly?
2. What is it about children's brains that make them "spongy" and able to retain more information?
3. How are they different from adult's brains?
4. If we're able to learn so much as children, why do most people not remember the first few years of our childhood?

Subquestion?
1. What age do you stop retaining information as well?
2. Why can I remember some things, but not everything from my childhood?
3. What's different about the brain of a child with Autism that makes them less able to retain certain information?

Give three reasons why you like the topic
1. I work at a daycare and we teach children. It's interesting how much they can learn and remember in such a short period of time.
2. There is one child that has mild autism and has a harder time learning things at the same pace as the children without autism. I'm curious what is different about their brains that make things more difficult for them.
3. Memories and dreams have always fascinated me. I've always wondered why we can only remember some memories as well as only some dreams, but not all of them.

Give three ways your life might change if you answer your questions
1. I'll be able to better understand the children that I work with almost every day.
2. I'll be able to find new ways to work with the child with autism so that he can maybe catch up to the other children his age.
3. I'll answer my life-long question of why we can't remember everything.

2 comments:

  1. There are two different topics here: autism and memory.

    I'm reading a book about improving memory ('Moonwalking with Einstein') that's very good, and I could see an isearch that finds out about some of this stuff and tries applying it to your own memory.

    The autism topic to me (and I could be wrong; argue back if you want) seems pretty much like old fashioned research with minimal personal connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I think I'll change it to why we can't remember things / how to improve it. I could talk about what I remember and the gaps that I can't remember for the life of me.

    ReplyDelete