Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Graf #10

Person


So many people come into your life just to visit, but there are very few people who decide to move in and stay awhile. One of my favorite quotes reads, "Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young." You don't know who is going to actually stay around forever, but it's easy to get a good idea of who those people are early on. I believe that my best friend Michael is the one I'll hold on to.

When Michael and I first met, we were both in very rough places in our lives, family and relationship wise. He never got along with his family, and I currently wasn't getting along with mine and was living with my best friend, and we had both recently gotten our hearts broken. After time had past, both of us realized that we made each other forget all of that mess. After even more time had passed, we decided to make that feeling more permanent, and we've been together for a year now. 

Of course it's only been a short time, but like I said before, you can't possibly know who is going to be there for you forever. But I'm reassured every day that Michael will be there for me for a long time, and that's all I need for now. Reassurance... Isn't that all anyone needs? 

2 comments:

  1. This has a strong beginning and end, maybe less strong up the middle where you glide over the passing time lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried my hardest to make it short but explain everything I had to explain... if I had started going into detail, you would have been reading for an hour. (:

    ReplyDelete