Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Contrast Essay Intros

#1
    English has been, and always will be, my favorite subject, and my favorite thing to learn about. I have always been told that I'm a good writer, (when I try to be,) and I'm always open to new styles of writing. But having been through high school English classes, and now a college English class, I have come to realize that there are significant differences between these two levels of classes.

#2
      When we were being "prepared" for college English, all we were ever told was that college will be a lot harder than high school. You'll have to write 100-page essays, read thousands of text book pages a night, take notebooks full of notes every day, and read long, boring books until your eyes dry up and fall out. After getting through high school English, I thought college English would be a nightmare. But because of my love for writing, I was never really afraid of it. But now that I'm half-way through my first semester of college, I have come to realize that there are significant differences between high school English and college English, other than the difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment